As much as we all try to avoid auto accidents, they can happen to any of us. Collisions occur often in the Kentucky which means you will eventually have to file an insurance claim. You will then be assigned to a claims adjuster. Following these guidelines can maximize your compensation on your claim…
Here Is What Your Adjuster Needs To Know
- Where was the accident?
- When was the accident?
- Were there any eyewitness? If so, do we have contact information?
- What information did I get from the other driver?
- Was there a police report filed?
The adjuster does not need to obtain details on any injuries that you may have suffered or how the accident occurred.
Here Is What You Should Not Share With Your Adjuster
First and foremost, you should never allow an adjuster to record any information you provide regarding the accident. In Kentucky, it is not the law that you have to give a statement while being recorded. Giving a recorded statement could put your claim at risk.
- Never admit fault – Even if you feel you were at fault for the accident, never admit it. It is the claims adjuster’s job to make the determination of who was at fault.
- Never discuss injuries sustained – Discussing your injuries too soon could result in a low settlement. So often we don’t realize the extent of the injuries immediately after an accident.
- Never discuss your day-to-day activities – If you disclose your daily activities, the adjuster may find a way to get you to discuss this and then use it against you.
Contact (859-746-0500) Michael O’Hara, PLLC for a Consultation
About Michael A. O’Hara, PLLC
When you have to deal with the justice system – whether related to a civil or criminal matter – you need more than the truth on your side. You need a skilled attorney who can employ sound legal strategies to produce the results you are hoping for. I am attorney Michael A. O’Hara, and I am licensed to practice in Kentucky and Ohio at the state level, as well as in Federal District Court and the Federal Court of Claims. I have been representing clients in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area since 1994.